Adult Residential Rehabilitation (Starlight Military Rehab Program)
- 45-bed dedicated residential service for active duty military; separate programs for men and women
- Specialty tracks for PTSD, Pain Management, and Sexual Trauma
- Certified TRICARE® SUDRF
Starlight is structured to enhance the resiliency of active duty military personnel. The Starlight Program utilizes a wide array of evidenced-based treatment therapies to enhance a core 12-Step model of recovery.
The specific objectives of the rehabilitation service include:
- Develop a comprehensive and individualized plan of treatment with the client based on the problems and needs identified in the admission assessments.
- Introduce clients to AA and NA through group and individual counseling. Meetings are part of the inpatient program, both at the Institute and in the community.
- Provide an understanding of the family dynamics of chemical dependency through individually scheduled family treatment.
- Educate clients on the physical, psychological and spiritual effects of addiction through lectures, films and discussion of areas such as medical aspects, nutrition, AIDS, ACOA’s, co-dependency, Al-Anon, loss and grief, and recreation in recovery.
- Build social skills in order to prevent negative peer pressure and loss of impulse control leading to relapse.
- Teach relapse prevention and other recovery skills through identification of precipitants to alcohol and drug usage and appropriate coping skills.
- Establish a plan for continuing treatment and long-term recovery.
To learn more about the Starlight Program and to read about the admission criteria for the program, click here. Please contact Mac McLarrin, HSC (Ret.), Director of Business Development, at (860) 235-5570 to make a referral.