Adult Residential Rehabilitation (Starlight Military Rehab Program)
- 34 bed dedicated residential service for active duty, reserve, national guard and veterans
- Specialty tracks for PTSD, Pain Management, and Sexual Trauma
- Certified TRICARE® SUDRF
Starlight is structured to enhance the resiliency of active duty military personnel. The Starlight Program utilizes a wide array of evidenced-based treatment therapies to enhance a core 12-Step model of recovery.
The specific objectives of the rehabilitation service include:
- Develop a comprehensive and individualized plan of treatment with the client based on the problems and needs identified in the admission assessments.
- Introduce clients to AA and NA through group and individual counseling. Meetings are part of the inpatient program, both at the Institute and in the community.
- Provide an understanding of the family dynamics of chemical dependency through individually scheduled family treatment.
- Educate clients on the physical, psychological and spiritual effects of addiction through lectures, films and discussion of areas such as medical aspects, nutrition, AIDS, ACOA’s, co-dependency, Al-Anon, loss and grief, and recreation in recovery.
- Build social skills in order to prevent negative peer pressure and loss of impulse control leading to relapse.
- Teach relapse prevention and other recovery skills through identification of precipitants to alcohol and drug usage and appropriate coping skills.
- Establish a plan for continuing treatment and long-term recovery.
To learn more about the Starlight Program and to read about the admission criteria for the program, click here. Please contact (860) 235-5570 to make a referral.