Starlight Military Program
The Starlight Military Program is dedicated to active duty military members and veterans whose lives have changed and become unmanageable due to significant substance abuse, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and mental health issues. The treatment team understands that military life can be stressful to service members and their families, resulting in the types of disorders that require specialized treatment and unique recovery programs. Starlight treatment staff utilizes proven recovery methods that are focused on helping you develop solid strategies to promote healthy decision-making related to substance use, and education that supports permanent lifestyle changes aimed at maintaining long-term mental health recovery.
We believe successful behavioral health treatment occurs in the least restrictive setting that provides the most effective intensity of services. Our mission is to draw on the psychological resiliency of our active duty service members in order to provide them with adaptive coping skills needed to maintain a productive and healthy lifestyle. Our treatment program uses evidence-based cognitive-behavioral therapeutic approaches that are consistent with Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense treatment guidelines.
Founded in 1957 as Starlight Farm, Stonington Behavioral Health, Inc. currently provides adult inpatient, residential, partial hospital and intensive outpatient substance abuse services and co-occurring disorder treatment at two locations in southeastern Connecticut.
Our Treatment Includes:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) (informal groups)
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Applied Integrated Therapy (AIT)
- 12-Step Facilitation
- Individual Therapy and Group Treatment Modalities
- Family and Couples Counseling
- Life Skills Treatment Including Anger Management/
- Conflict Resolution/Coping Skills
- Treatment Focus on Military Specific Issues:
- Separation Adjustment
- Deployment Readiness
- Loss and Grief Counseling
- Combat/Traumatic Stress
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Transition Adjustment